vrijdag 3 december 2010

An article I wrote for school.

Hello my beautiful readers!
I know it has been a while and yes I still have exam week (and have some major studying to do), but I thought it'd be nice to share with you a 'fashion' article I wrote for school. Please do let me know what you think about it, I love reading your comments!

enjoy,
-B



T’is the season to be stylish.

Fashion article

It’s the most wonderful time of the year, yes I’m talking about Christmas. Most people think about coats, winter boots, scarves, ear muffs, gloves etc when it comes to Winter Christmas, but not us Caribbean people, no way. It is too hot for all of that warm clothing and layering down here. Some of you may like the fact that we don’t have to buy all of those items mentioned before and some of you, like myself are so eager to have at least one Christmas where one can wear winter clothes, have snow ball fights, and make their own snow man! Unfortunately for all of you in the same boat as I, we’ll just have to keep on anticipating that Christmas. Don’t get me wrong though, Christmas in the Caribbean isn’t boring, there’s family gatherings, Christmas shopping, fake snow, lots of public events, parties, delicious FOOD etc. A lot of people have a hard time knowing what to wear even though their closets are full. I am happy to tell you that it isn’t that complicated. If I must say so myself it is absolutely appropriate if not, an obligation to dress over the top for Christmas/New Years. Think about sequins, glitter, and lots of “bling bling” you know, fancy and definitely sparkly things. If you don’t have any money to get you some fancy stuff, I advise you to completely raid your closet, you may find something you love that you haven’t worn in a long time, or something new, or something old that looks new. A lot of us tend to buy more and more clothes that we actually don’t need, while we have something in our closet just waiting to be worn. By raiding your closet instead of going shopping can and will save you tons of money, I highly recommend this. So go ahead and stuff your face with food, buy a Christmas tree, shower your loved ones with presents, dress over the top, and remember t’is the season to be stylish!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Thank you for taking your time to comment, it really means a lot! xoxo -Britney